Welcome to my blog!

This blog attempts to keep up to date with CALL (Computer Assissted Language Learning) theories and PD opportunities.

Please let me know what you liked and or didn't like. I look forward to reading your comments!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Blog Evaluation for PD # 1

RiRi English Atmosphere's Blog (http://ririenglishatmosphere.wordpress.com)

This is an attractive, well organized blog to go to if you want a lot of good basic information on CALL. A couple of her blogs even give lesson plan ideas for the implementation of CALL in the classroom. She blogs about tips and pitfalls, history and theory. Her information is quite thorough, and offers the knowledge in easy to understand terms.

However, as all the blogs were done on one day, and there haven't been any updates on CALL since the first posting, I think this is perhaps a student who might now be finished with blogging CALL. Thus this site would not be good for ongoing CALL professional development.

That being said, this author has been blogging about other ESL topics of interest, such as English Education and Linguistics, and so for general PD as an ESL instructor, I may just follow this blog in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, this blog looks less than reliable as a source of pd, not only because the posts were all made within a very short period of time, they also are all copied texts from other sites online. To give the author credit, she( I think) does give the source from which she has copied but this does not make for a very valuable contribution. Personally, I would prefer to spend my limited time on a blog that would give me more bang for my buck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone new to CALL, this blog gives helpful information as a starting point. As Amy points out, not much of the info appears to be her own. While I understand I could have gone elsewhere to get this information, her organization and appearance of her blog help to keep me there.

    ReplyDelete